Drinking Paper Straws: A Great Replacement for Plastic Straws
Why re-invent the wheel? No need because you can take what already exists and improve it.
Drinking paper straws - great replacement for plastic ones
The first paper straw for consuming drinks was introduced in the late 19th century. By the 1960s it was gradually replaced by plastic and pushed out of the market.
Less than 60 years have passed since then, and today the tradition of using paper straws for cocktails, juice, smoothies and other drinks has returned.
The main reason for this is the environmental damage plastic straws cause. Almost all straws are simply thrown out, some of which end up in the ocean, causing damage to marine life. Also, most recycling plants do not accept plastic straws because it has no relevant marking. They are too lightweight to make it through the mechanical recycling sorter and end up getting disposed of as garbage.
Continuing to serve cocktails to customers with plastic straws only aggravates the problem.
Another reason is aesthetics. Disposable paper straws look more presentable. It might seem like a minor detail, but with paper straws your cocktail looks better.
Bio-degradable paper straws for drinks have no residual taste and they do not dissolve during consumption.
Our clients already treat their guests to a beautiful presentation of drinks, all the while reducing the amount of plastic waste, and what about you?
Description of compostable paper cocktail straws:
• the main material used to make straws is paper cellulose that fully degrades in the environment;
• disposable paper straws are available in black and white;
• standard sizes of paper straws are 12 to 25 cm with a diameter of 6 to 8 mm;
• straws can be customised to have any other colour, and you can also have your logo or design printed on it;
• each straw can be individually wrapped in a paper;
• packaging for paper cocktail straws can have any colour to suit your company’s style.